Loop Station question

Home Forums Gear Loop Station question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Max 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Max
    Ive been enjoying your lessons and noticed you use some kind of loop pedal, I know nothing about them but they seem like they would be a fun thing to play with and also practice my scales and leads over what ever chord progression I can come up with. I currently have two amps both fenders, 65R and a G Dec 30, the G dec is a good practice amp and has some recording capability but the recordings sounds awful and is a pain to use. I was hoping for some advice or demo on a what kind of Station / Pedal/ Recorder you might recommend for someone who is totally new to them.I live a long way from a music store and when I do go there they tend to push me towards what they want to sell not necessarily what I need which is how I ended up with the 65R instead of the practice amp I really needed if you know what I mean. Cheers Scott

Max
    Participant

Scott, great question! I’ve used many loopers in my day and have come to learn quite a bit about them. I used to use a Boss RC-2 looper, but it sounds too “digital” and plastic. The looper I use now is called a Ditto Looper. It’s really simple, only has one button and one knob. It’s not the greatest looper for playing live with a band, but for home practice, writing and messing around with chords, it’s perfect. Check it out (they also make a larger more complex version), it’s cheap and will last a long time, and sounds great! Good luck, let me know what you end up getting.

Cheers!

Scott Mitchell
    Participant

Thanks Max
    I was looking at the Boss Rc3 they sell for around AU $235 and the Ditto are about AU $170 both on ebay. So I am definitely interested in the Ditto and the reviews Ive read since your reply also agree with you regarding the play back quality. Thanks for your input much appreciated.
    Cheer Scott

Max
    Participant

Scott, I’m happy to help. Please let me know any questions you have about all things guitar related…especially gear, I’m a total gearhead when it comes to music! Have fun and keep rockin’!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

previous next
X